Updates for the 28 days up to 26th January 2014
Download the podcast:
Django News/Update Podcast
This project has been on the mind of the author for several years and is motivated at this time because of the following:
- Recent discussions by DSF about how to effectively disseminate news.
- Recent revival of Django Updates posts.
- Recent cessation of most recent incarnation of Django podcast: Django Roundup.
Transferred from bitbucket project here: https://bitbucket.org/elequ/podcast-project/wiki/Home
- Discussion Guidelines
- Release information
- Official news
- Major* community projects
News reportage style.
Effectively reading official blog out loud.
- Security Releases
- Major Releases
- Minor Releases
- Upcoming Conferences/Events
other "important" packages? Criteria for "important" could be something like:
- potential to be integrated
- was once part of project
- major work by core contributor
Very clear schedule and format.
- Regular "period" -- to synchronise with every second official update email.
- Major release special with Release manager?
- Assume "Intelligent Listener"
- Sparse rather than chatty
- Provide technical background:
- design decisions
- details about decision-making process
- friction about the decision and its resolution (or not)
- Deference to author:
- person who created/worked on the feature
- has greatest depth of knowledge
- Speak to personal expertise
- As a Reference:
- "like a dictionary": won't teach you to read, but doesn't assume exaustive knowledge
- Don't speak if you don't have experience/expertise
- Stay "en piste"
- Minimal editorialising
- Minimal hyperbole