I just unsubscribed from a Podcast that was supposed to be about tech. I've tolerated a couple of episodes of this before but today they crossed the line.
Why you might ask?
- started with 80's guitar riff
- spent first 5 minutes talking about sport (about sport!)
- spent 10 minutes then bagging out and being scared of Boston Dynamics (quote: "I hope I'm dead before these things take over the world")
- then spent some time playing with a bobble-head (on radio)
- still had an hour and a half to go.
I think their tech is not the tech they think it is. Sounds like over-the-top self-congratulatory middle-age American men (it was all men) being drunk and loud at a bar. I could be wrong but it's hurting both my ears and brain -- if they had decent content I couldn't stand to find it amongst the noise.
This is a long-standing an reputable podcast. Maybe it's just deteriorated to this point, but I hope this never happens to me and I'm definitely steering clear of this stuff.
I felt a massive sense of relief deleting/unsubscribing from this.
Fortunately I'd queued up a radio hour of LNL Dying Well in order to cleanse myself of the confronting hyperbole -- which worked a treat. See, this is good broadcasting. Thank you as always Mr. Adams.